We at Hearth and Home, want your custom made cushion to be perfect.
Follow these simple instructions to make your custom template.
- Lay the fabric provided ( you can use Newspaper or wrapping paper if you would like) on the seat and press the fabric flat all along the bottom of the seat. Make sure to press the fabric down firmly along the outside edges of the seat.
- Draw around the outside edges of the seat where you would like the edge of the custom cushion to be and cut out the shape. Keep in mind, we will make the cushion to the exact shape and size of the template that you cut out and provide us. If you would like rounded corners, please cut out the exact rounded corners you prefer.
- After you have cut out the pattern, test that your pattern fits as well as possible. If you need to reshape an area or extend your pattern, just make sure you securely tape the paper together. We only need one pattern for each shape of cushion that you need.
- To equally balance your pattern, simply fold down the middle, cutting where necessary. It may take a couple of attempts before you are satisfied with your drawing or your pattern. Again, your new cushion will be cut to exactly the same shape as your finished pattern, so please double-check your pattern on your furniture.
- Please mark your pattern with your name, address, phone number, front & back of cushion, where the zipper should be placed and where the ties should be placed if applicable..
When you have completed and labeled your template, please fold it, place it in the return envelope provided and drop it in the mail. We will send you an email when we receive your template.